To assist you in the task of software testing hundreds of software testing tools lists are now available in the marketplace. But you can not randomly picking any .
Shortlisting the best among them is again a long-winded and identical time-consuming subcontract. then in order to help you out in selecting the best software testing tools for your tax, we have curated a list of top 10 software testing tools along with their samara features.
Top 10 software testing tools 2022
- HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
- IBM Rational Functional Tester
- Katalon Studio
- Egg Plant
top 10 doesn ’ thyroxine mean that they are the best. however, in terms of popularity, they surpass everyone. To make uracil understand the best, we have compiled a list of 55 below this, Read and enjoy .
Designed to test functional automation test of web-based applications it supports varied platforms and browsers.
- Supports parallel test execution
- Requires fewer resources as compared to other testing tools.
- Supports various different OS
GUI-based Test Automation cock to automate the functional regression tests It is wholly a cross-platform tool.
- Supports many GUI technologies
- Supports various platforms like a desktop, mobile, web and embedded
- Supports Test script recording
- Supports object and image-based identification and verifications
- Does not depend on visual appearance
- Solid IDE (Integrated development environment)
- Supports various scripting languages
- Supports Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Offer command-line tools for full control
- Integrates with CI-Systems and Test Management
3. HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
Was initially known as QuickTest Professional ( QTP ) and assists in automatize back-end service and GUI functionality testing.
- Offers reusable test components.
- Strong partner network.
- Supports Agile development.
- Automates manual testing resources.
- Supports functional testing over various devices.
- Assimilation with various test tools.
4. Katalon Studio
Mobile and network automation framework covering both Selenium and Appium,
- It is a cross-platform tool.
- Supports Agile method.
- Easy to use even for non-programmers.
- Support CI workflow.
- Supports Dual scripting interface.
- Integration with qTest and JIRA.
5. IBM Rational Functional Tester
Used for automating functional testing using a data-driven approach.
- Supports various applications.
- Allows Test Scripting
- Supports storyboard testing.
- Offers reliable testing tools.
- Offers incorporation with other test tools.
6. Worksoft Certify
Worksoft is a continuous test automation platform for enterprise applications. It helps the users and companies to in full automate and optimize the throughout clientele processes starting from process news to test automation to RPA .
- End-to-end automation in one codeless platform
- Helps save time and cost across all the phases of testing and automation.
- Parallel execution is possible allowing business users and IT teams to make the most of the assets.
- Allows for single project automation and that can be extended to enterprise-wide adoption.
7. Egg Plant
Uses an image-based approach to do automatize functional examination.
- Tests from the perspective of a user.
- Fast development.
- Offers lab management.
- Supports all device types.
- Supports CI integration.
- Requires very little automation skills.
With an low-cost pricing exemplary, it provides easy setup and murder of test automation scripts.
- Offers strong GUI object recognition
- Supports reusable code modules
- Offers record/playback functionality
- Offers script-free functionality.
9. Tricentis Tosca Testsuite
Model-based Functional Software Test Automation Tool.
- Focuses on problem-solving vs. test case design.
- Supports Agile method.
- Offers end-to-end testing.
- Includes test data management and Orchestration tools.
- Offers recording capabilities.
- Requires less maintenance and is easy reuse of test suit.
10. Quick Test Professional (QTP)
A scripting language-based automated functional GUI testing tool for vane or client-based calculator applications. QTP is apt for functional regression test automation.
- Very easy to use even for beginners.
- Test cases are available in a simple workflow.
- wholesome authentication of software using a full balance of checkpoints
It is an open-source web application testing creature. It is a cross-platform joyride of Ruby libraries.
- Watir is completely free to use.
- Supports multiple browsers and platforms.
- A lightweight but powerful tool.
- Supports human-like interaction with the browser to form filling, clicking links, and validating the text.
Uses machine learning to speed automation testing. It supports a agile analysis of test cases and their execution on diverse vane and mobile platforms.
- Assists in easy addition of comments.
- Uses bug tracker for easy and fast sharing of annotated screenshots
- Just by clicking the automated bug tests, a tester can automatically reproduce them in a browser.
13. Telerik Studio
It is a web and desktop applications testing joyride for Windows OS. It is a functionality, cargo, and performance testing tool for testing Cross-browsing issues.
- Supports AJAX Applications test automation
- Supports Telerik UI Controls
- Assists in Browser Dialogs and HTML Popups testing
- Uses the Build server for Continuous Integration
TestComplete is a functional examination chopine from SmartBear Software. It can handle the automation screen of windows, web, android, and iOS-based applications with equal relief. It boasts of an intelligent aim repository and recognition for over 500 controls giving the users maximum flexibility with the GUI test. Key Features:
- It helps to automate the UI tests with scriptless record-and-playback or keyword-driven testing.
- It offers dynamic object recognition based on the object properties and AI-powered visual recognition.
- Excellent and automated reporting and analysis. A single interface provides all the real-time date information regarding the execution.
- Sufficient training material and support are available if you are a first-time user of the tool.
- It can also be integrated with DevOps to provide the required testing for the continuous integration cycle.
15. CA Technologies Application Test
CA Technologies Application Test uses a indicative work flow model.
- Offers automated mobile testing
- Supports visual tests
- Customized load testing
- Supports mainframe
- Advanced analytics
- Integration with mobile testing
- Offers improved visual editing by Integrating with Selenium
16. IBM Rational Test Workbench
Offers test tools for enterprises covering complete software growth lifecycle.
- Continuous integration testing
- Supports automaton
- Offers mobile, regression, performance, and scalability testing capabilities
- Ability to expand its capabilities by Integrating with IBM Rational testing suite
Offers throughout examination automation. ParasoftSOAtest assists in web UI test, API testing, service virtualization, web and performance test, API security quiz, development test, SOA testing, and runtime error testing.
- Supports a wide selection of messaging/protocols
- Support for REST
- Creates reusable test cases
- Supports numerous platforms, protocols, and messaging formats
18. SmartBear Ready! API
It is an throughout API testing platform.
- SupportsAPI security testing, API functional testing, API load testing, service virtualization, API testing in code, API performance management, and defining, building, and managing APIS
- Provides metrics and reporting, script support, project management, and discovery
- Numerous API testing abilities
- Supports constant amalgamation
19. Crosscheck Networks SOAPSonar
Leveraging moral force mutation technology assists in performance and security test and functional automation.
- Offers API virtual performance modeling.
- Provides API emulation and virtualization, API service testing, and API security gateway technologies.
- Supports numerous protocols like RES, JSON, and SOAP.
Test Management Tool
qTest by QASymphony is a testing platform for Agile and DevOps applications.
- Real-time integration with Jenkins, Jira, and GitHub
- Supports test management, automation, and reporting
- Unified CI integrations and test automation scheduling
- Modern, browser-based UI
- Agile test management
- Enterprise BDD
- Concrete analytics and reporting
- Investigative and Term Based Testing
A simple manual test cock that works over logic than serve.
- Offers Guest testing to those who don’t have an account
- Offers checklist-inspired test plans
- Simple to use even for non-testers
- Adapted to Exploratory testing
- Keyboard-driven editor
- Adapted to syntax highlighted BDD
- Drag’n’ drop option to manage test plans
- Allows to add new tests during testing
- Integration with JIRA
An end-to-end test instrument.
- Offers third-party integrations with many automation tools, bug trackers, and robust API
- Fully customizable & flexible
- Ability to Reuse tests and correlate test results
- Enables a deeper and broader understanding of testing results
- Matchless hierarchical filter trees
- Visualize data with advanced dashboards and reports
- enables full visibility into the testing process
- Fast professional and methodological support
Provides complete testing solutions for agile teams.
key Features :
- Easy integration with Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo, Jenkins, and more
- Server, Cloud, and Data Centre Deployment Options
- Offers Advanced Analytics
- Provides DevOps Dashboards
- Provide extraordinary visibility, flexibility, and insights
Best suited for Agile teams, this testing creature decreases the spill cycle times.
- Offers recreation and reuse of modular test cases.
- Integration with HipChat, JIRA Capture, & Confluence.
- Helps in faster building, managing, and deploying quality software.
- Step by step advancement of the test cases.
- Assists in real-time reporting & trending analytics
It supports full moon JIRA addition integration permitting integration with all the JIRA versions and editions, including JIRA Cloud.
key Features :
- Centralized testing efforts like managing, organizing, and tracking.
- Easy drag & drop
- Allows testing the highly productive user interface.
- Supports Screenshot feature
- Supports Test Report & Metrics Automation
26. Test Collab
It is a web-based test management tool that uses a singular identifier for each reclaimable tone for repeatedly using them without typing them.
- Supports multiple operations in a single window
- Permit assigning steps to multiple users
- Offers secure communication among different team members
27. QA complete
It is suitable for enterprise-level examination and supports Agile teams and DevOps.
- Supports prioritizing testing effort
- Helps identify high-risk issues
- Provides Enhanced security using SSL and Single Sign
- Decide test coverage
- Ensure all-inclusive tests presence
- Ability to program automated Test Runs
- Integration with JIRA, Jenkins, Selenium, and many other tools.
- Offers Service Level Agreements (SLA) monitoring
This web-based test management tool offers software quality assurance for test plans, quiz cases, user management, and reports and statistics.
- Offers export and import of test cases easily.
- Easy integration with various Defect management tools
- Easy distribution of test cases to different users
It is a mighty lode testing tool with dominant scripting capabilities. It supports many technologies including selenium to mobile, enterprise application to web protocols. It allows generating load in the cloud and on-premise.
- Easy creation of load test scenarios
- With more than 80 types of reports and graphs, it assists in the easy identification of performance bottlenecks.
- Supports Amazon EC2 to run performance testing from the cloud
It supports load testing of Windows and Linux-based world wide web applications. It efficiently determines the performance and tests the bring of vane applications under heavy loads.
- Can test various types of Web Apps
- Supports multiple enterprise environments.
- Supports single dashboard control over various users.
- Supports numerous types of protocols.
- User-Friendly monitoring and analysis
- Easy to use the testing tool.
Windows-based tension and burden testing tool. It works with the like efficiency on active message, plug HTTPS websites, and RIA applications under data-driven mode.
This testing joyride besides provides supports for RIA applications in the data-driven model.
- Collaboration among multiple users in a single test
- Simulate real load conditions using various advanced techniques
- Support testing of SSL secured applications
It is an open-source load testing tool that permits creating and update test cases during the execution process.
- Support the creation of multiple performance strategies.
- Supports reusing existing SoapUI Pro functional tests.
- Supports Real-time feedback.
- Supports the concurrent running of multiple load tests.
33. Silk Performer
This load testing joyride is very cost-efficient and suited for even most performance expectations, critical applications, and service-level requirements.
- Quick in detecting performance issues
- Provides in-depth analysis
- Simulate enormous loads without any expensive hardware setup
- Indefinite scalability with Cloud
- Validate real-time user experience
34. Apache JMeter
initially developed for lode test of web applications, this open-source load testing tool is expanded to versatile other screen functions.
- Performs load and performance testing of different types of servers.
- Allows users to generate a test plan using a text editor as test plans are stored in XML format.
- Also performs automated and functional testing.
- It is a Java application for performance and load testing.
AgileLoad efficiently conducts load and performance testing on web and mobile applications.
- Supports dynamic web
- Supports mobile technologies
- Outstanding monitoring
- All-inclusive analysis diagnostics
- Creates customizable test reports
- Improve the application performance quickly
Also Read: Top Penetration Testing Tools For 2019
It is a cloud-based cargo and performance testing instrument.
- Supports Cloud Load Test Website and RESTful APIs
- Supports cloud and secure servers
- Website Speed Testing
- Offers Insight Analytics
- Supports various cloud testing services like Mobile Applications, Website Speed Testing, Mobile Emulation, and APIs testing
37. Load Impact
A cloud-based load testing tool used to perform lode tests on web-based apps, mobile applications, websites, and APIs.
- Real-life simulation of traffic.
- No hidden caching.
- Can simultaneously generate load from 10 different locations.
- Uses a proxy recorder to record an HTTP session.
Defect Tracking Tools
This blemish track and stick out management creature is used for recording, report, and assimilation with the code development environment.
- Creates rapid filters with a single click
- Creates custom workflows
- Install plug-and-play add-ons
- Used for recording, reporting.
- Participates with the coding department.
- Complete visibility using Kanban board
- Customizable scrum boards
- Real-time, actionable insights with Agile reporting
39. Mantis Bug Tracker
It is an open-source wiretap tracking instrument. Assists team in efficiently managing their teammates and clients.
- Internal issue tracking
- Bitbucket and GitHub support allows Single-sign-on
- Features inbuilt time tracking.
It is a blemish tracking cock to track the status of defects.
- Provides flexibility to find the information.
- Supports Agile project management
- Supports Notifications and emails
- Tracks bugs for multiple projects.
This open-source defect tracking tool allows to keep track of bugs and is readily used by small-scale and large-scale organizations to keep a track of the defects in their system.
- Offers Optimized database structure
- Advanced query tool
- Editable user profiles
- Comprehensive email preferences
- Highly Customizable Installations using the extension mechanism.
It is a cross-platform, open-source Bug Finding Tool under GPL license written in ASP.NET and uses MySQL database as a backend tool. It makes the codebase simple and easy to deploy.
- Simple to file, manage and report bugs
- Multiple databases support
- Easy navigation
- Easy administration
43. The bug genie
It is an open-source, web-based tease tracking software for issue track, hemipterous insect coverage, and project management.
- Easy source code management
- Interactive project planning is a plus
- Powerful command-line tools
- Supports Incoming and outgoing email
- Supports feedback publishing system
It is an open-source defect tracking tool that supports Ruby. If you ignore the time taken for installation, it provides you with effective blemish chase and promises smooth running once installed.
- Uses email for Issue creation
- Multiple databases support
- The issue tracking system is very flexible
- Access controls are flexible and role-based
Mobile Testing Tools
Appium is one of the most normally used open-source tools in the market today for testing native, hybrid, and web mobile applications. A recently added feature, now allows Appium to run automatize tests on background applications as well .
- Test the same application which is going to the marketplace.
- Very simple to use
- Allows parallel execution
- Requires little memory for the test process.
- Testing Native apps do not need SDK
- Offers standard automation APIs for all types of platforms.
- Supports simulators and emulators.
- It supports coding multiple languages like Java, Python, C#, PHP, node.js, and more.
It is an open-source enterprise mobile testing creature.
- Is Simple to Use
- Less Mobile Testing Flakiness
- Consistent feedback to developers
- Can extend within the working environment
- Allows creation of tests without writing even a single line of test code.
It is a SAAS platform for web, mobile & IoT software testing.
- Cloud-based mobile application testing
- Supports Agile Environment
- Integration with other testing tools like Selenium and Appium
- This tool also allows customers to select the deployment options that are best for the specific project.
It is a quality assurance tool that performs Manual Testing, Performance Testing, and load testing for mobile applications.
- Ability to create and execute automated tests on either simulators or emulators
- Ability to automatically record tests to code and use the same test script for different mobile OS.
- It offers reports with video or Screen HTML-based reporting
- View mobile apps element structure and generate identifiers with ease
- Supports all mobile OS like iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Blackberry.
This is an open-source mobile test automation cock for Android UI testing.
- Fast Android UI testing
- Supports emulators and actual devices recording
- Detects resource IDs automatically
- Supports native and hybrid Android apps
- Performs functional testing, System Testing, and user acceptance testing over Android-based apps.
Cross Browser Testing Tools
This cross-browser testing tool tests the web site in multiple browsers. It besides tests layout and script errors of websites and webpages.
- It compares the browser’s output to detect cross-browser layout problems.
- Offers crawling feature to test all the web pages of the single site.
51. Cross-browser testing
It validates that web applications work well over different browsers.
- Assists in parallel execution of multiple Tests on Multiple Devices
- Execute test cases for iOS, Androids, & other desktop browsers
- It permits running testing frameworks like Nightwatch and WebDriver.IO
- Provides comparing screenshots
- Supports remotely debugging of real desktop and mobile browsers.
It is a cross-browser examination tool for Windows, MacOS, Android or io.
- It is a free tool.
- Supports 200+ different browsers to capture screenshots.
Web services are a critical partially of any mobile or lotion software. There can be numerous API calls for even a single button click. Thus the want for testing these APIs is identical crucial. SoapUI is one of the most popular tools in that area. It is an open-source tool used for testing SOAP web services, RESTful web services, or HTTP-based services. It can be well integrated with ReadyAPI ( paid tool ) to enhance its capabilities and get extra functionalities .
key Features :
- The simple UI and user-friendly features make it very easy to use even for first-time users of the tool.
- It can be used to do functional testing, security, and vulnerability testing, and also load testing.
- It allows automation with groovy
- It supports data-driven testing.
- It has assertions that can be used to validate the response from the API calls.
54. Lambda test
Lambda Test is one of the most popular cloud-based cross-browser testing tools. The best depart about this creature is that it allows performing cross-browser test for network applications across more than 2000 browsers, operating systems, and devices. It allows you to perform both manual and automation test .
identify Features :
- It allows live cross-browser testing across different browsers, browser versions, resolutions, etc.
- It allows testing with the latest desktop browsers.
- It allows performing responsive testing across devices with different screen sizes and resolution
- It comes with a chrome extension allowing the users to take full-screen screenshots easily
- It has an in-built issue tracker that allows the users to easily manage the identified defects.
- It also provides 24×7 support to the customers in case needed.
Kobitron is another popular cloud-based automation and manual of arms test cock for mobile and web-based applications. It allows the users to perform testing manual and automation testing using mobile devices in the mottle. It allows the integration with Appium and Selenium .
key Features :
- It allows parallel testing
- It allows manual and automation testing on real devices
- It supports Selenium, Appium, and Katalon Studio.
- It allows video recording of the actions performed on the mobile devices for reference.
- It can be integrated into the CI pipeline with tools like GitHub, Jenkins, TeamCity, and more.
Hope you would by immediately have enough names of versatile software testing tools to dispose of them off for your benefit .